This tutorial is about how to convert HD .mov trailers to .mp4, MOV to MP4 so they could be played on Sony’s PlayStation 3 with Yamb.
Yamb is the acronym of Yet Another Mp4Box UI. In other words, this is a new graphical interface for mp4box using, a tool based on command lines which is a part of GPAC Framework. This GUI is mainly dedicated to Windows OS.
• Yamb is able to create, split and join mp4 or 3gp files containing principally
- video streams with m4v, cmp, h264, 264, h263, 263 as input format or from avi, mpg, mpeg, vob, mp4, mov, ogg, qcp and 3gp files.
- audio streams with aac, ac3, amr, awb, evc, mp3, msv, vorbis as input format or from avi, mpg, mpeg, vob (mp2 only), mp4 and 3gp files.
- subtitles with srt (SubRip), ttxt (GPAC), sub (MicroDVD), idx/sub (VobSub) and xml (QuickTime TeXML) as input formats.
- chapters from text format (OGM or GPAC).
• Yamb can also extract some streams. In this case, this GUI is able to recover – a Video or Audio stream from avi files.
- a stream or an Audio/Vidéo track in a raw format.
- a stream or an Audio/Vidéo track in a new mp4 file.
- a visual track in avi file.
- subtitles as srt or ttxt output format.
- chapters as OGM text format.
The following stepy-by-step convert mov to mp4 for ps3
After launching Yamb, the program should open up with the Creation section selected. From there, double-click on Click to create an MP4 file with multiple audio, video, subtitle and chapters streams.
This will bring you to the MP4 File Creation screen. Hit the Add button and open the .mov trailer you have downloaded. Yamb will read the file and list the description for the audio and video codecs of the trailer in the Input box. Select the location where you want to save the file by hitting the Browse button. Before continuing, make sure that both the boxes have checks in them.
Hitting Next will begin the conversion process. This should only take a few seconds, but will vary by your CPU.
Hit the Finish button and select No to exit Yamb; select Yes to begin another conversion.
From here, the .mp4 file can be copied to a USB flash drive or burned to a CD/DVD; from there it can be copied over to the PS3’s HDD.